Businesses face a constant barrage of potential cyber-attacks, aiming to compromise data, applications, and other crucial assets. The backbone of an effective, modern-day cyber security strategy? The Security Operation Centre (SOC).
Why are SOCs so important for cyber security?
A SOC is the nerve centre of cyber defence for an organisation. It's where state-of-the-art cyber security tools, paired with skilled cyber security analysts, provide unmatched protection in an ever-changing digital landscape. It's the SOC that facilitates 24/7/365 monitoring of a business's IT environment, allowing for immediate threat detection and response. It's also where Managed SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) services and Managed Detection and Response Services (MDR) are powered, ensuring the continuous supervision of your networks and the ability to rapidly respond to threats.
What is a managed SOC?
A Managed SOC is a subscription-based solution that provides organisations with dedicated external cybersecurity specialists. These experts are responsible for the vigilant surveillance of your cloud environment, devices, network, and logs, ensuring that any identified threats are promptly detected and dealt with.
This service offers continuous, around-the-clock monitoring of your IT infrastructure without necessitating a substantial investment in security software, hardware, hiring security experts, or training personnel. It facilitates immediate access to a SOC, allowing for real-time tracking of cyber threats, thereby bolstering your organisation’s security stature.
Top 5 Reasons to use a Managed SOC
- 24/7/365 Monitoring: Cyber threats do not operate on a 9-to-5 schedule. They can strike at any time, from anywhere. Therefore, businesses require constant vigilance to ensure immediate detection and response. A SOC provides 24/7/365 monitoring, allowing for the swift detection and mitigation of any threats.
- Proactive Defence: A SOC doesn’t just react to threats; it proactively hunts for potential vulnerabilities and exploits in the system. This proactive approach allows businesses to address threats before they escalate into a full-blown cyberattack, ensuring they stay one step ahead of cybercriminals.
- Expertise and Advanced Tools: A SOC brings together skilled security professionals, state-of-the-art tools, and advanced analytics. These experts, armed with the best tools and a wealth of threat intelligence, can respond quickly and efficiently to any incident.
- Compliance and Reporting: With increasing regulatory requirements around data protection and privacy, businesses need to demonstrate robust security measures. A SOC helps meet these requirements, providing necessary compliance support and detailed reports.
- Cost-Effective: Building and maintaining an in-house security team with a similar level of capability can be costly and challenging. Outsourcing to a SOC provides businesses with access to a team of experts and advanced tools at a fraction of the cost.
Why Businesses Should Trust Integrity360 for Constant, Secure Managed SOC Services
Having an in-house SOC can be a significant challenge for many businesses. There are concerns about the lack of IT security resources, slow response times, and the need for expertise in dealing with both known and unknown attacks. It's where an effective Managed SOC comes into play. A Managed SOC helps prevent data breaches that can cost businesses millions in remediation by supplying the required expertise and tools to halt cyberattacks.
And, when it comes to providing an effective Managed SOC, Integrity360 stands out.
Integrity360, has three Security Operation Centres with 90 security specialists in our SOCs, offering an unparalleled level of protection and service. By operating three SOCs, Integrity360 provides constant, round-the-clock monitoring that ensures immediate detection and remediation of any threats to your business.
95% of Alerts are handled without customer intervention saving you time and money!
Composed of level one, two, and three GIAC-certified security analysts, the Integrity360 SOC team is tasked with a vast array of client networks 24x7x365. This dedicated team excels at:
- Ongoing threat and vulnerability scanning and remediation: The team continuously scans for vulnerabilities and threats in your IT environment, acting swiftly to remediate any issues found.
- Threat intelligence sharing: An active approach to cyber security is supported by the sharing of threat intelligence within the team, fostering a dynamic defence against cyber threats.
- Real-time threat remediation: No waiting for business hours, no delays - any threat detected is immediately dealt with to prevent it from escalating.
With its team of skilled analysts and advanced tools, Integrity360’s SOC goes beyond basic defence strategies to offer a proactive, comprehensive approach. It's about keeping your business ahead of cyber threats, rather than merely responding to them.
Integrity360 recognises that every business is unique - so should be its cyber security strategy. The team works closely with each client, getting to understand their specific needs and tailoring their services to provide the most effective protection possible.
With the round-the-clock vigilance provided by Integrity360's three SOCs located in the UK, Ireland and Bulgaria, businesses can rest assured that their IT environment is safe and secure. The constant monitoring ensures quick detection and remediation of threats, significantly reducing the risk of costly data breaches. The ongoing threat and vulnerability scanning, coupled with real-time threat remediation, means your business is always prepared, no matter what the digital world throws at it.
In the ever-evolving landscape of cyber threats, Integrity360's SOC services provide the constant, expert defence your business needs.